It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I have good intentions, but one thing leads to another, (like chasing after a 14 month old) and my good intentions go right out the window.
So here are the final pictures and thoughts about the Angel Devil costume. Since his father and I have decided we didn’t want to post our son’s pictures all over the internet, I used one where you can’t really see his face .
This was pretty simple to assemble. It was also the first time I did 90% of the construction on my 4 thread serger.
This is the front …I stitched the 2 front sections together, then the 2 heart sections, then appliqued the heart to the front. This was really stretchy fabric and a little tricky to applique with and onto. Stabilizing it with Stitch and Tear made it a lot easier.
My next projects were father son matching bowling shirts with tattoo flash fabric from Fresh Cut Fabrics. For the baby’s shirt I bought this pattern from The Scientific Seamstress. I think the photo of the little blonde boy on the front is what sold me. This pattern is very well put together and gives the sewer a lot of options. The construction technique for the contrast panels on the front is simple, yet brilliant.
You strip piece the sections together, then cut your fronts out separately, aligning vertical markers on the pattern pieces with the seam lines. I liked this technique so much I used it to construct daddy’s.
I couldn’t find buttons I liked that would compliment the tattoo flash. So I made covered buttons using the star pattern from the fabric.
Unfortunately I do not have a picture of father and son wearing them.
The next two projects will be for me. A pencil skirt using Simplicity 5259 and a Dress from a vintage 1950’s Sundress pattern from McCall's.